- We Provide Wide Range Of Bolt On Jackets
- Material Of Construction Is Mainly Stainless Steel & Carbon Steel
- For Carbon Steel We Provide Temperature Resistant Aluminium Paint
Mainly Below Are Two Types Of Jacket
- Bolt On Jackets
- Clamp On Jackets
Bolt On Jackets :
- We Have Designed Special Type Of Bolt On Jackets To Sustain High Pressures.
- These Jackets Have Dimple On Surface To Increase Stiffening.
- As Due To Stiffening Material Thickness Required Is Less Which Reduces Weight Of Jacket
- Hence Handling Of Jackets Is Much Easier.
- Minimum Size Offered Is 2" Valve.
- These Are Customised As Per Customer Requirement
Clamp On Jackets
- These Jackets Are Used Where There Is Limitation Of Space For Assembly.
- Range Varies As Per Customers Requirement.
- Jacket can be fabricated in stainless steel, carbon steel as well as aluminium.
- Carbon steel are preferred for reducing cost. However heat resistant painting is required to avoid it from corrosion.
- Aluminium Jackets rarely used for high heat transfer rates. They are last option as are much costlier compared to CS & SS.
- Stainless Steel jackets are resistant to corrosion as well as have good heat transfer rates. They have much longer life as compared to CS.
Connection Ports :
- Inlet & outlet connection are provided as per customer requirement. 3/4", 1/2" NPT(F) etc couplings.
- Also flanged connections can be provided for high pressure ratings as per customers requirement.
- Jackets can be designed to cover only valve or adjacent spool flanges.
- For spool flanges of different size other than valve we have also developed special steam jackets as below.
- Generally operating pressure is about 10-15 bar(g).
- Temperature ranges from 200-2500c
- Dimple are provided on outer side of jackets for strengthening jacket.(image for reference)
- Jackets work on principle of heat transfer by conduction
- Inlet Ports are provided at top & at opposite ends for each half jacket as shown above.
- This triggers the flow of steam in opposite direction for both halves.
- Due to this, heating is uniform at both ends & through valve.
- No localised heating as like cast jacket as each half acts as independent complete chamber.
- Steam Flows through complete half maintaining uniform temperature